Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WIP Wednesday: SWap Project

 
I am participating in the Schnitzel and Boo mini quilt swap and it has been a lot of fun!! My partner was very vague and didn't give me much information to go on.

I pulled a couple of fabric stacks and ended up going with my Sandi Henderson collections: Ginger Blossom, Farmer's Market, Meadowsweet, Meadowsweet II, and Secret Garden. I threw in a few other bits to bring the count to 72 fabrics. I hope she likes scrappy.

I think she might like more traditional patterns so I went with a Dresden plate.

I stitched a light weight interfacing to the Dresden to turn the edges under and am using a linen background.

Next up is a little hand quilting and making a mini Dresden for the back.
I am going to also make her a pin cushion and needle book and have made a start on the pin cushion. Happy Wednesday! Linking up with Freshly Pieced. You should check out all the fun projects!!!
     

                                                         
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

24 comments:

  1. Lovely, I am on a dresden kick, thats what my giveaway is about.. check it out. Visiting from WIP Wednesday, Hope you stop by and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the summery colors in your dresden! Is the adorable hedgehog from a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, is the hedgehog from a pattern? He's cute! She'll love her mini quilt- it will match everything she owns with 72 fabrics!! I feel guilty everytime i toss small scraps. Now ill be hoarding worse than ever. "This could be a hedge hog. This piece could be one of 72 in a quilt someday." I can see it now. Let us know what she thinks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome dresden G! I love the scrappiness and the light and airy feel of the prints. Your partner is sure to love it! And that little hedgie is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Well done Gina!!!! Love love love the scrappy Dresden, and the hedgehog is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all so lovely! The colors in Sandi's fabrics are so pretty. And how cute is that hedgie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing! You have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pleeeease tell me that hedgehog is a pincushion - that may be the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is cute cute cute!
    Is it hard to sew that together?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hard to second guess in a swap when your partner isn't very forthcoming isn't it Gina? I think you must have covered all the bases with 72 fabrics :) I am sure that your partner will love the mini quilt,your makes are always so lovely how could they not !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks wonderful, Gina! Great choice of fabrics. I can´t wait to see the finished project!! :) Have a great time * Jola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, she is one lucky swap partner! That little hedgie is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. its so pretty - who wouldn't like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grreat hedgehog and the Dresden too. She's going to love it! Unlike yours my swap partner was super helpful and gave a clear picture of her likes! Loving the mini quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's looking beautiful G! And I adore the hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty colours and what a cute little hedgehog!! Looking forward to seeing the finished mini, needle book and the pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dresden is really pretty! What a great swap mini.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You KILL me with your brilliance! And now I know I mustn't be your partner, because I wasn't vague!?!?!?! lol. My partner's information, or lack thereof, was hard! I love your work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of course she is going to love it, and if she doesn't then she is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful and vibrant "modern" take on your dresden , in your fabrics and colors! She will LOVE it!! It's too cute even unfinished!! And once you put your "Gina Touch" on things... it will be irresistible!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete