Friday, September 12, 2014

Finish it Up Friday: Apple Dumpling Swap

This week I finished up my package for the Apple Dumpling Swap. For this swap we needed to make a dumpling pouch and fill it with some goodies. Our partner is a secret until she receives her package and mosaics were made to help provide some inspiration. Along with the pouch, which was a fun little make, I made an apple pin cushion and a needle book.
I appliqued an apple to the front of the pouch and added a little embroidery.  I used my favorite Sandi Henderson apple print to line the pouch.

I have been planning to make an orange peel cushion and wanted a little practice so I added a sprout to the back of the needle book.

I paper pieced an apple for the front of the needle book and let that block determine the size. I did not measure the needle book before i sent it but I believe it finished at 5" square. I made the button but apparently did not get a very good picture of it. The little red dot you see is an apple.


I added some other apple themed goodies and the package is on it's way to its owner. This was definitely a fun swap and I am glad I was able to participate. Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for some Friday fun. Hope you enjoy the weekend!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. What a cute little parcel of goodies for your swap partner - and beautifully made, Gina. I look forward to reading more of your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Gina - you always make the cutest and most exquisite little gifts. The apple pin cushion is so fun, and the pouch and needlebook are beautiful - what a lucky recipient :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute!!! What a great idea to practice the orange peels on the needle case....it looks like you are ready for the cushion! Everything is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great swap package and a fun theme for the swap. I lobe your paper pieced apple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection, Gina!!! Lucky swap partner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your swap partners are always the luckiest!! I adore that little dumpling pouch, way too cute! And that pincushion is genius! Love your orange peel sprout on the back of the needle book too. Always lots of eye candy over here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww everything is adorable and deliciously sweet! I just keep looking at all of your apple touches in every item you made. The embroidery/applique apple on the dumpling is exquisite ... and so Gina! Love <3
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, great swap package!!! The dumpling pouch with little applique is so nice, the needlebook is always very practical piece for each craft lady and the apple - wonderful decoration to the sewing corner! Wonderful job, Gina! :) J.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a teacher - apples are definitely a fave around here! Everything you have made is so adorable - the apple on the pouch with the word 'pomme' embroidered is perfect. Love all around - your partner will be thrilled to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lucky swap partner to be receiving these ... I love all the little details you put into your gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just AMAZING Gina! You are so talented! What a lucky swap partner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely "dumpling" full of goodies! As always, Gina, so pretty! Really like the apple applique and the apple pincushion. Beautiful! Your partner will be so happy to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so talented! Love that appliquéd apple and that needlebook.

    ReplyDelete