Saturday, September 6, 2014

Make Modern Blog Hop

I have some friends who had a dream. On September 1st that dream became a reality known as Make Modern. I have known about this "dream" from the beginning and although I didn't know about any of the specific things going into the magazine I knew the girls were pouring their heart, souls, and a lot of time into making this the best publication possible. My first look at it was the day it was published, September 1st, and as I sat there and scrolled through all of the fun projects and fun columns my jaw literally dropped at all the fantastic information the girls brought together. It has all of the things I look for in a magazine. Fun projects in all all sizes; home dec projects, sewing projects, quilting projects, great photography. Tips and tricks along with interviews and trends. Make Modern is cover to cover packed with great projects and information. really, what could be better than an online quilting magazine by quilters?!?! Make Modern's creators all live in Australia but this magazine has contributors from all across the globe and is geared towards anyone who loves modern quilting. 

I had fun putting together a little project for the first issue of Make Modern. We are at the tail end of summer where I live and heading into fall which means apple and pumpkin season. I had a fabric with vintage flour sack labels that I had been wanting to use for quite a long time and that was where I found my pie inspiration. There is a preview on Issuu if you would like to see if Make Modern is a magazine you would like or you can go to Make Modern to subscribe. To keep up with Make Modern and see sneak peeks of upcoming issues you may want to follow the Make Modern Blog.

Here is the rest of the blog hop schedule that continues to celebrate the launch of Make Modern:

1st September                   Make Modern
3rd September                   Kristy @ Quiet Play
5th September                   Where Jane Creates
7th September                   Gina @ Party of Eight: Our Story
9th September                   Molli Sparkles
11th September                 Juliet @ The Tartan Kiwi
13th September                 cat&vee
15th September                 Ruth @ Ben and Charly’s corner
17th September                 Kelly @ Kelliotmagic
19th September                 Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts
21st September                 Serena @ Sew Giving
23rd September                 Melissa @ Ms Midge
25th September                 Anne @ Hudson Valley Quilts



13 comments:

  1. Gina, I'm completely impressed! Also, I must be getting a little more quilting savvy because I'm recognizing some of the names in that line-up. Am I bumping elbows with a quilting celebrity? I love the fun prints that came in flour sacks during the dust bowl. When they found out little girls had to wear them, they sure got prettier:) I'm off to check out the magazine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, s new magazine to love. I am already head over heels with that cover quilt, will have to pop over to Issuu and have a peek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting Gina! I love your sweet projects!!! Will have to check it all out, thanks for the heads up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Gina, wonderful job, wonderful project!! It is really exciting news!
    Have a great time :)
    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your project G and love you much too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful contribution, Gina! very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I commented in instagram, but am happy to say it again :-) Congratulations on being in print for what is such a fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The magazine would be worth it for your beautiful project alone! But i'm positive with a line up like that of the hop this issue is going to be all kinds of wonderful! Congrats, can't wait to pick up my copy and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for being in the first edition!! (I am sure it will be the first of many!)
    Your project looks Delicious and so sweet!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Gina - love the showcase of kitchen stuff you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work Gina! I am going to have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Gina! Beautiful project! The magazine sneak peek looks absolutely interesting. Isn't it amazing when dreams come true? :-)

    ReplyDelete