Friday, October 3, 2014

Finish It Up Friday: The Trick or Treat Halloween Swap

It was a good finish to complete my fourth and final swap for September! The swap was the #trickortreathalloweenswap hosted on Instagram and Flickr. i didn't take any pictures of the extras I sent only the handmades.
The only requirement of the swap was to make this drawstring bag and fill it with some goodies. It was a fun and easy tutorial to follow. For my partner I decided on a patchwork bag and I wanted to add a few embroidered squares of Halloween icons since I had no Halloween fabric. I added in some Halloween colored fabrics and did buy a couple of Halloween prints to add in and for the lining.


This panel ended up being the back of the drawstring bag.

I appliqued trick or treat on the front of the bag.
I also made a little fox and pumpkin mug rug. I went with a more fall theme to last longer than Halloween. The pumpkin was a free pattern that finished at 3" and I used scraps to make it. The fox pattern I bought on Etsy. All of my partners liked foxes, even the partners that were not part of the fox swap.

The last item I made was a Not So Spooky Haunted House complete with a cute Monster in the window. I had a lot of fun sewing swaps this month and am looking forward to participating in some more swaps after the first of the year. Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday. Have a great weekend!!



13 comments:

  1. Another fun swap Gina :-) I love the embroidered little squares in the patchwork - they are really tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fussy cut patchwork on the bag and love the little haunted house. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun - I love Halloween swaps! Really like the haunted house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of that is so perfect! I love the addition of the pumpkin to the fox piece. And the embroidered squares added to the patchwork bag are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you quilted the background of the fox and pumpkin. Very cute! Is this your final swap this year? I've enjoyed seeing them :) do you have any holiday sewing plans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great swap, Gina! Wonderful result, nice fabrics... and the fox is sooo cute :) Nice quilting too... Another great job, dear Gina :)
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Jola

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! All of it! That mug rug is perfect, love the little pumpkin :) But that house, oh my gosh! I love it, and i'm seeing a bunch of them on my Christmas tree, Christmas themed of course, not Halloween!
    And i adore your patchwork drawstring bag, such cute fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great swap, Gina! Nice little house, like the pumpkin next to the door. The mug rug turned out so well, such a cute fox. I like the way you quilted the rug in different patterns. Funky bag! Did you do the embroidery as well? The pumpkin embroidery is lovely so as a very happy spider and ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav is the patchwork bag with embroidery bits! Lots of handmade to love, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only you could make Halloween so cute! Love that little monster doing peek-a-boo in the window :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh , sew delightful!! That fox and punkin are so dear, and I also love your little haunted house!! Such a cute swap bundle for your partner!!
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh very creative and the Fox and the pumpkin. A cute swap .

    ReplyDelete